Microgaming Bitcoin Casino Slots
As bitcoin gains more and more popularity, online casinos follow the trend and adopt cryptocurrencies as a payment method, giving players access to their favorite video slots from any corner of the world avoiding harsh legislative restrictions. The blockchain technology has become a gamechanger and brought decentralization and anonymity to online gambling. The industry’s leading software providers such as Microgaming and many others are stepping up their game and now offering their all-time classics as well as brand-new features to the bitcoin community. Crypto enthusiasts can play Microgaming bitcoin slots and stand a chance to win a massive fortune as hundreds of thousands of players around the world contributing to the progressive i.e., ever-growing, jackpot.
Your guide to the best Microgaming BTC slots
Here you will find review of such key concepts as progressive jackpot, scatters, wilds, RTP, paylines and other great features. Also, we have carefully picked some of the top Microgaming BTC slot machines and online bitcoin casinos so you could start playing right away.
For all crypto lovers and bitcoin enthusiasts out there, whether you are looking to play Microgaming BTC slots for fun or after some real money, this guide comes in real handy. So first, let’s make sure that our vocabulary is in line.
Progressive Bitcoin Slots powered by Microgaming
Today’s jackpot payouts are ridiculously high, all thanks to progressive jackpot networks. On a progressive slot game, the size of a winnable jackpot isn’t a fixed sum but instead, it increases every time players pay real money to play the machine. It happens so because a small amount of every single wager contributes to a pooled jackpot. With Microgaming progressive jackpot network, hundreds of thousands of players across multiple slots contribute to one gigantic constantly growing jackpot. While equivalent of over €1.45 BILLION has been paid out to lucky players across the globe within Microgaming progressive jackpot network, the company’s iconic Mega Moolah slot set two consecutive World Records for the ‘Largest jackpot payout in an online slot machine game’.
Apart from jackpots, bonuses are an essential part of online bitcoin slot machine games. There are different ways for them to get activated. Usually, bonus rounds include additional free spins or a “hold and respin” feature, which allows you to spin a single reel. Depending on a gameplay, a player can also receive a number of credits or a multiplier of his current bet.
Free Spins bonus is easily one of the most recognizable features of online BTC slots. Free Spins are awarded when designated symbols form a pattern or show up in certain numbers on the reels. As the name suggests, they are free of charge and played within a player’s current bet. Whether free spins are intrinsic part of a game or a casino’s promotional offer, all the gains from free spins are yours to keep. For free spins check out popular Microgaming slot games like Bush Telegraph, Thunderstruck and Thunderstruck II, Immortal Romance, Break da Bank Again and many others.
Multiple paylines to increase your winning chances
A payline is, basically, a predesignated winning pattern for the symbols to land on the reels. While traditional slot machines usually have up to nine paylines, modern online slots can have anywhere from ten to several hundred winning combinations of all sorts of shapes – horizontal, vertical and diagonal lines, zigzags and more! Exotic-themed Kathmandu, for instance, features 9 paylines, while such slots as Jurassic Park™ or Terminator 2™ have 243!
Scatters and wilds
A scatter is a combination of special symbols that unlocks different bonuses such as free spins or other in-game mechanics. They don’t have to be lined up on a payline, even though it is required that a certain number, usually minimum of three or more scatter symbols, land on the reels. You can find this feature on 5-reel BTC slots.
A wild symbol is similar to a joker card. It can act as any other symbol and comes in handy in completing a winning line.
To keep track of all features, bonuses, and winning combinations that a particular bitcoin slot offers, you can always check the game’s paytable.
Return to player (RTP)
A very important metric of a high-quality fun-inducing slot is Percentage Return To Player (%RTP). Simply put, it’s the amount of money that will be given back to players as prize payouts in proportion to the money that they paid to play the slot. For example, with RTP 96%, a player should expect to get 96$ as winnings on every 100 bucks spent on the game. However, it’s worth remembering that it’s a statistical average calculated over a significant number of games played and cannot be applied to a single playing session. You will find that RTP of the most well-known and admired Microgaming slots falls inside the mid-range (94-98%) and is usually above 96%. Microgaming slots with higher payout percentage are Lucky Leprechaun, Mount Olympus, Santa Paws to name a few. Note that RTP is a fixed number and cannot change over time.
Enjoy unique Microgaming bitcoin slots mechanics
There are hundreds of online slots that have different mechanics to keep you entertained. Many Microgaming bitcoin slots feature the company’s unique mechanics like Link & Win™, Express Collect™, or the innovative ClusterChase™.
Free Microgaming bitcoin slots online
Having developed its first online casino software in 1994, Microgaming have stayed on top of the game since then. Their portfolio contains an extensive collection of more than 800 casino games with new releases coming out every month supporting both, desktop and mobile devices!
Different themes and branded blockbusters – there’s plenty to choose from: Microgaming video slots have it all – from breathtaking adventures and long-loved pop culture characters to amusing features and mind-blowing jackpots.
Here’s our best Microgaming slots list for you that are available in a free-play mode on our website:
- 10. Break Da Bank Again
- It’s a simple classic game that is perfect for newcomers. It has got all standard features without excessive trivia. Even though its style might seem a bit outdated, the potential win could make it worth your while.
- 9. Spooks and Ladders
- You were looking to have a casual evening out in a pub, but instead you found yourself wandering at an old graveyard? Is that a spider on your shoulder? You don’t believe in vampires and ghosts, do you? Spooks and Ladders has an eerie atmosphere but other than that it’s an easy-to-play all-time classic nudge game from Microgaming. Having a spare nudge allows you to move any reel down one symbol. Nudges are awarded randomly. Once you have a winning combination, you receive a number of dice rolls according to the paytable which are then used to play a traditional board game with a lot of squares that say CASH and for a good reason.
- 8. Lara Croft: Tomb Raider™
- First for Microgaming in particular and the industry as a whole, this branded partnership began in 2004 with creation of this online slot. It grew in popularity so quickly that it saw its continuation in 2008 with the sequel,Tomb Raider: Secret of the Sword™. Microgaming made the franchise fans very happy once more with the latest Lara Croft® Temples and Tombs™ release.
- 7. Lucky Leprechaun
- It seems that today is your lucky day as you meet a friendly little man dressed up all in green with a big smoking pipe who is ready to take you to the end of the rainbow! This Irish-themed slot features the Trail O’Fortune mini game which is activated when a player lands three, four or five bonus icons anywhere on the reels. Then they are taken to the winding trail where each square is a multiplier. Rotate the wheel to move along the path to one enormous multiplying pot of gold.
- 6. Game of Thrones™
- Another successful branded collaboration for Microgaming based on HBO popular series Game of Thrones. Choose which of the four royal Houses you will serve – Baratheon, Lannister, Stark or Targaryen. The online slot has Stacked Wilds feature, meaning that wild symbols can cover an entire reel and usually appear in bands of 2 or more, and if you come across a fiery dragon’s egg, it will grant you a random prize. In 2021 Microgaming released a sequel, Game of Thrones™ Power Stacks™, where players will meet some of the show’s prominent characters like Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen and Sansa Stark. The graphics are really amazing and it has a special bonus feature Link and Win: when six or more coin symbols land and lock in place, leaving all other symbol positions to spin out independently for three free respins. At the end the value of all coins that a player managed to get during this bonus play adds up to their wins.
- 5. Thunderstruck II
- The Thunderstruck 2 is one of the most appraised games by experts. Are you ready to meet Nordic gods Loki, Odin and, of course, Thor, God of Thunder? Let’s embark on a journey in a Viking longboat with this epic slot, packed with different bonus rounds. You might get caught in one of the game’s random Wildstorms, where up to all 5 reels can become entirely wild. A scatter will open the Great Hall of Spins where you can play one of four bonus games.
- 4. Immortal Romance
- I guess since Buffy the Vampire Slayer, vampires haven’t really gone out of fashion, have they? This gothic-styled Microgaming slot tells a story of four main characters, Troy, Amber, Sarah and Michael, all tangled up in romantic relationship. Each of them has got its own bonus round in the Chamber of Spins. It is one of the top-rated Microgaming games.
- 3. Wheel of wishes
- We all know that somewhere among the sand dunes of Arabia there lay, hidden from the world, unimaginable treasures and the most precious of them all is a certain magic lamp. The appearance of the slot is well-balanced and quite elegant. Background music makes you dream of long caravans stretching in the desert. Esthetics aside, this slot have a chance to become your personal genie in the bottle that will grant you all the wishes in the world. This is, hands down, one of the best Microgaming slots! In the regular mode you have 10 possible winning combinations that could win you anywhere from 12,50 to 12,500 credits. A scatter will transform the game into Power Spin mode: if you manage to land full giant Bonus Wheel activation symbol during Power Spin feature you will be taken to the Wheel of Wishes Jackpot bonus game where one of the four separate progressive jackpots (WowPot!, Major, Minor or Mini) is guaranteed no matter what. Progressive jackpot is only eligible for players who bet real money. WowPot! will make you a millionaire.
- 2. Jurassic Park™
- Yet another branded slot with stunning graphic effects that will take you to the land of ancient reptiles. The gameplay definitely recreates atmosphere of Steven Spielberg’s 1993 blockbuster. Unfortunately, the game is currently unavailable since Flash Player isn’t supported anymore, nevertheless you can still do some dinosaur spotting in Jurassic World™ slot.
- 1. Mega Moolah
- Iconic. Legendary. Guinness World Record holder. This is one of the highest paying slots IN.DA.HISTORY! So just you know: two people (and counting) have become multimillionaires this year so far thanks to Mega Moolah. This Microgaming slot is simply epic. Over the years the game’s significance became evident so that it expanded into series of 8 titles, all of which are integrated into one large Microgaming progressive jackpot network.
What other games are there on Microgaming casino floor?
Although slots are the most popular type of games at land and online casinos alike, you can find a variety of live dealer casino games powered by Microgaming:
– baccarat and many more.
Microgaming: facts and figures
|1994||Launch of the first true online casino and it was run on Microgaming software!|
|1998||Being a true trendsetter, Microgaming introduced first wide area progressive jackpot with the release of Cash Splash slot.|
|2005||The world saw Major Millions, a military-themed progressive slot, that is still around to this day.|
|2006||Hot on the trail, Microgaming’s release of legendary Mega Moolah slot changed the game forever. The biggest progressive jackpots in the online gaming were won playing Microgaming slot machines games.|
|2013||First million-worth jackpot won on a mobile device|
|2015||Mega Moolah sets a World Record with jaw-dropping jackpot payout of €17.8 million|
|2018||€18.9 million payout sets a second consecutive world record for Mega Moolah. The winning bet was made on an Android device.|
Microgaming slots: desktop and mobile
Not to become too technical, but over the last decade online gaming experienced a major shift from one technology to another. With Adobe Flash Player having met its expiration date on December 31, 2020, software providers have been busy to put their games on HTML5 rails to ensure smooth experience for both PC and mobile users. According to LCB.org, independent directory and reviewer of online casinos, “Microgaming embraced HTML5 as early as in 2012, when they introduced several refurbished slot hits”.
Today, an extensive list of popular Microgaming slots is available on all major platforms – Windows and Mac OS, Android and iOS.
Most trusted bitcoin casino guides are consistent in their reviews of Microgaming:
“It is unquestionably the most experienced and arguably the biggest in terms of market share and portfolio size. Of course, such a global goliath naturally appears at many of the world’s best online casinos, including their fair share of cryptocurrency betting sites.”
btcgosu.com, bitcoin casino guide
“Having been in this industry since 1994, they have already gained an excellent reputation and have fully established their name to the forefront in the field of online gaming.”
Bitcoin GG (Bitcoin Gambling Guide)
As more and more online casinos are allowing to place bets with BTC and other digital coins, some of the best Microgaming slots are swiftly conquering hearts of the bitcoin community. Whether you are looking to have a little fun once in a while, or you are a devoted fan, the doors of Microgaming casino are widely open for all (except for Australia, sorry). The leading software developer offers its most renowned slots in both desktop and mobile versions while cryptocurrencies brought much needed decentralization to the gaming world. And remember! Always gamble responsibly, and study carefully online casinos’ terms and conditions. We wish you best of luck!
Another simple but rather radical way to bypass harsh US rules is to move to Canada :)
Another simple but rather radical way to bypass harsh US rules is to move to Canada :)